As a specialist consultant, Jason has undertaken a wide range of work including...
- supporting colleges and work-based learning providers improve their provision, with examples of curriculum areas improving their grades by one or two grades following support
- inspection activities
- interim management of curriculum areas at several colleges including:
- reviewing provision (including teaching and learning observations and curriculum reviews) and providing guidance on how improvements can be made
- project evaluation and research for a range of local and national organisations in the lifelong sector
- developing higher education qualifications to meet the requirements of employers
- producing learning materials for 14-16 engineering programmes
Before this, Jason worked at a successful college for ten years, managing a range of curriculum areas. Key achievements include:
- management of a large faculty comprising departments of engineering, construction, telecommunications and computing, accounting and business
- introduction and management of a new telecommunications department to deliver the “off-the-job” training for all BT telecommunications apprentices in the UK and a new construction department
- successful management of projects including the College’s Centre of Vocational Excellence
- leading and chairing local and regional networks of employers and training providers for manufacturing and engineering
- development of new quality systems to improve the quality of teaching and training for learners including new planning strategies that were commended in an OFSTED inspection
- development of learning resources and strategies at the College and as part of national projects
Prior to this, Jason undertook technical research that was published in well known and respected journals.
Jason holds BEng (Hons) and MEng degrees in Electronic Engineering and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Further and Higher Education).
He is a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and the Society for Education and Training.